SIGN UP LOG IN

The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

22.776 Keywords • 48.499 Synonyms • 5.298 Translations • 7.909 Pronunciations • 151.257 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Arcola

DOC area for reds, rosé wines and white wines in the Italian region Veneto. The area includes the municipalities of Albaredo d'Adige, Arcole, Belfiore, Cologna Veneta, Veronella, Zevio and Zimella, parts of the municipalities of Caldiero, Colognola ai Colli, Lavagno, Monteforte d'Alpone, Pressana, Roveredo di Gua, San Bonifacio, San Martino Buon Albergo, Soave and Vago in the province of Verona; as well as complete the municipalities Alonte, Lonigo, Orgiano, Sarego and Sossano in the province of Vicenza. If the grapes come from classified vineyards, bottle label can Vigna followed by the layer name.

The varietal wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be other approved varieties. The reds are Cabernet ( Cabernet Franc and / or Cabernet Sauvignon and / or Carmenère), Cabernet Sauvignon. Carmenère and Merlot, The white wines are Chardonnay. Garganega also as Vendemmia tardiva late vintage, Pinot Bianco ( Pinot Blanc ), Pinot Grigio ( Pinot Gris ) and Sauvignon ( Sauvignon Blanc ).

The Bianco (also as Spumante and Passito ) is blended from Garganega (at least 50%), as well as other approved varieties (max 50%). The grape types Rosso and Rosato (both also as Novello ) and Nero are produced from Merlot (to 50%), as well as other approved varieties (max 50%). a Frizzante is available from Bianco, Chardonnay, Rosso and Rosato. a Riserva with longer maturity, there are from Rosso, Cabernet, Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenère and Merlot.

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.