The estate is located in the municipality Oberrotweil (Kaiserstuhl area) in the German wine-growing region to bathe
, The origin of the traditional farm dates back to 1634, when the aristocratic family Gleichenstein in the then Rothwyl the buildings and lands of the Benedictine
St. Blasien together with the Zehentrecht
acquired. After the early death of his father, baron Hans Joachim von Gleichenstein converted the mixed farm into a winery in 1959.
In the year 2003 the enterprise was handed over completely to son Johannes of Gleichenstein in already eleven family generation. This is supported by field manager Franz Galli and butler Odin Bauer. The vineyards cover 35 hectares of vineyards in the individual layers Eichberg
(Oberbergen), as well Schlossberg
(Achkarren). They are mainly planted with Pinot Noir (10 ha), Pinot Blanc (10 ha) and Pinot Gris (10 ha), as well as Müller-Thurgau, Chardonnay, and Muscat. Special emphasis is placed on the gentlest possible processing of the grapes. It will also produce a bottle fermented sparkling wine.