The Binet Champagne House was founded in Reims in 1849 and, at the turn of the century, was one of the numerous "widow farms" under the name "Veuve Binet Fils & Co." The winery is located in the commune of Rilly-la-Montagne, south of Reims. At the beginning of the 1880s, family member Armand Walfard-Binet patented the subsequent patented cold degorging, a special form of Dégorgements invented, which is mostly used today. The company is one of the typical representatives of champagne from Pinot Noir and Chardonnay; no Pinot Meunier is used. The wines were served, inter alia, on the transatlantic passenger ship "Mary Queen" (Cunard Line). There are three different ones Cuvée de Prestige These are "Binet Elite Rosé" (90% Pinot Noir, 10% Chardonnay), "Binet Elite Blanc de Noirs" (Pinot Noir) and the Millésime "Médaillon Binet Rouge" (60% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay).