The German winery owner economist Dr. med. Albert Bürklin (1907-1979) was the grandnephew of the eponymous privy councilor (1844-1924). He took over after the First World War, the family winery Dr. Bürklin-Wolf
in the Pfalz. Bürklin was instrumental in the reconstruction of professional self-government after the Second World War. On his initiative, the Winzerverband Rheinpfalz eV was founded in 1947, where he was vice president until 1971. He was also co-founder of the DWV
(German wine association) in the post-war years and held here also the office of a vice-president. For many years he was German delegate at the International Wine Office in Paris. As part of his work as a member of the Supervisory Board in DWI
(German Wine Institute) he initiated the creation of the German wine seal
, Bürklin received numerous honors, for example the Great Federal Cross of Merit.