The largest wine encyclopedia in the world

23.062 Keywords • 48.235 Synonyms • 5.303 Translations • 28.368 Pronunciations • 155.291 Cross-references

0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


DOC area for white and red wines in the region Sardinia, In 2011, the wines from the former DOC areas Malvasia di Cagliari , Monica di Cagliari and Moscato di Cagliari were transferred to this new DOC area. The zone comprises 58 municipalities in the province of Cagliari, 73 municipalities in the province of Oristano, and all municipalities in the provinces of Carbonia Iglesias and Medio Campidano. The SOC name can also be preceded by "Sardegna". The varietal wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be other approved ones. The three white wines are Malvasia ( Malvasia di Lipari ) - also as Spumante and Riserva, Moscato ( Muscat Blanc ) and Vermentino - also as Superiore, The red wine is Monica ( Monica Nera ) - also as a Riserva. They are expanded in secco and / or dolce.

World's largest wine knowledge database, made with by our author Norbert Tischelmayer.

About the Glossary

Calendar EVENTS NEAR YOU To Online-Events

Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.