The Cognac House, headquartered in the city of Cognac, was founded in 1863 by Jean-Baptiste Camus under the name "La Grande Marque". Before he had already cognac produced but sold to large houses. In the early 1890s, Camus acquired the partners' shares and added its name to the company name, since then the company is called "Camus La Grande Marque SA". Since 1977, it has been run by Jean-Paul Camus as the fourth generation president his two sons Jean Baptiste and Cyril is supported. The company has remained as one of the few Cognachäuser privately owned. The estate comprises four wineries with a total of 100 hectares, two of them in the Grande Champagne and one in Bordieres. Each of the goods has its own distillery. In addition, contract growers distill and mature wines under the strict supervision of Camus. The total storage capacity is 30 million bottles.
The product range includes Cognacs of the Napoleon, XO and Extra classes as well as the very old and valuable top products "Tradition", which created "Jubilee" and "Gold Marquise" on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the company. These are partly filled in original bottle shapes made of porcelain, such. One in book form, the bottle "Lovers Rings" (entwined rings) and the golf bottle. The creation "Josephine" is a specially developed for women Cognac. Camus is number one in the global duty-free business, with products being offered by more than 50 airlines on board. Five million bottles are sold each year, of which 90% are exported to 120 countries. Other spirits brands are sold independently by the subsidiary CGEVF. This group includes other cognac brands and the Armagnac House Armadis with, inter alia, the brand Chabot.