The champagne house based in Ludes was founded in 1868 by Victor Canard and his wife Léonie Duchêne. In 1890 it was taken over by the two sons Edmond and Alfred. The house the house became the supplier to the court Tsar Nicholas II (1868-1918). The family coat of arms with the Russian double-headed eagle and the insignia of the champagne saber dates from this time. To mark the company's 100th anniversary, Canard-Duchêne acted as a sponsor at the 1968 Winter Olympics in Grenoble. In 1978 the company came into the possession of Veuve Clicquot-Ponsardin, which contributed significantly to the success of the brand. The group later shared this house LVMH taken over and finally in October 2003 Canard-Duchêne by Alain Thiénot Bought. The champagne mature for an average of three years in cellars, the corridors of which run for six kilometers through the chalk cliffs of the Montagne de Reims. The "brood" consists of 35-40% Pinot Noir, 35-40% Pinot Meunier and 22-25% Chardonnay, The Cuvée de Prestige With over a third of the production share is the "Grand Cuvée Charles VII", named after the French King Charles VII (1403-1461), who owed the coronation of Joan of Arc in Reims in 1429. It is assembled from over 70% Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier. There is also a "rosé" with an additional Chardonnay. Around three million bottles are produced annually, of which only around five percent are from our own vineyards with 15 hectares.