The winery is located on the plateau near the town Saint-Emilion
in the same area. It was built in 1869 by inheritance of the then Château Beauséjour, the other part is today's Château Beauséjour Duffau Lagarosse
, In 1970, the property was bought by the Bécot family, giving it its current name. In 1979, the purchase of the two "only" classified as Grand Cru Classé vineyards La Carte and Trois Moulins led in 1985 to a downgrade. Michel Bécot and his two sons Gérard and Dominique modernized. Incidentally, the estate was one of the first customers of the well-known oenologist Michel Rolland
(* 1947). In 2006 and 2012, the estate was then re-classified as "Premier Grand Cru Classé B". The vineyards cover 17 hectares of vineyards with Merlot (70%), Cabernet Franc (15%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (15%). The extremely long-lived red wine is aged for 18 months in 90% new oak barrels. The second wine is called "La Tournelle des Moines".