The winery is located on the plateau near the city Saint-Emilion
in the area of the same name. Through marriage, François de Carle, the owner of Château Figeac
, in 1722 the still undivided Château Beauséjour. In 1847, the property came into the ownership of Pierre-Paulin Ducarpe. In 1869 there was finally a division. That came from one part Château Beau-Séjour-Bécot
, the second part went to Ducarpe's daughter, the wife of the doctor Duffau-Lagarrosse, which gave the estate its current name. The Laporte family later bought the property. Part of the vineyards was given to son Olivier Laporte in 1981, who founded the Château Croix-Beauséjour. The estate was one of the first customers of the well-known oenologist Michel Rolland
(* 1947). It has always been classified as “Premier Grand Cru Classé B”, which was confirmed again in 2012. The vineyards cover seven hectares and are planted with the varieties Merlot (60%), Cabernet Franc (25%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (15%). The extremely long-lived red wine is aged up to 18 months in 50% new barriques. The second wine is called "La Croix de Mazerat".