The estate is located in the municipality of St-Laurent-des-Combes in the area Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux). It was founded at the end of the 17th century by Louis-François de Belcier; the Château "Belle Fontaine" (beautiful fountain) was built in 1803. Until 1871 it remained in the possession of this family. After several changes of ownership, the estate since 1994 in the possession of Jacques Berrebi, Alain Laguillaumie and Dominique Hebrard. The farm is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 13 hectares of vineyards with the varieties Merlot (70%), Cabernet Franc (20%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (10%). The long-lived red wine matures for up to 20 months in new oak barrels.