The winery is located in the municipality of Belvès de Castillon in the area Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux). Originally called Fief-de-Bellevue. In the long period from 1642 to 1938 (almost 300 years), it was owned by the Lacaze family. Today's owner is the Horeau family. The farm is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover six hectares and are planted with the varieties Merlot (68%), Cabernet Franc (16%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (16%). The long-lived red wine matures in some new oak barrels.