The winery is located at the gates of the city Saint-Emilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). In the 19th century it was called La Gaffelière-Boitard (Canon-Boitard), after its owner M. Boitard de la Poterie. In 1953 the estate was bought by Pierre Meyrat, who was mayor of Saint-Émilion for a few years. After his death (1969) the chateau was owned by the family in 1971 Count Neipperg
Bought. The winery was also there La Mondotte
with acquired. Count Stephan von Neipperg has been in charge since 1985, including that Clos de L'Oratoire
heard. In 2012 the company was classified as "Premier Grand Cru Classé B". The vineyards cover 19.5 hectares of vineyards and are planted with Merlot (55%), Cabernet Franc (40%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (5%). The long-lived red wine is aged in 15 to 20 months in 80 to 100% new barriques. The second wine is called "Les Hauts de Canon La Gaffelière".