The winery is located east of the community Ripeau in the area Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux) near the border with Pomerol. The origin dates back to the beginning of the 16th century. It came in 1891 in the possession of the Ondet family, who sold it in 2014 to Sylvie Cazes. The farm is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 15 hectares of vines with Merlot (75%), Cabernet Franc (20%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (5%). The long-lived red wine is aged 15 to 18 months in about 50% to 70% new barrels. The second wine is called "La Borderie de Chauvin".