The winery is located in the municipality Listrac-Médoc or the same area in Médoc (Bordeaux). In the Bordeaux Classification According to the old system, which is no longer valid, it was last classified as "Cru Bourgeois" in 2003. The first vineyards called "Granges" were planted in the 12th century Cistercian on. In 1750 it came into the possession of the Irish Clarke family and was given its current name. After several changes of ownership, the castle was demolished in 1950 and the vineyards abandoned. In 1973 the property of Baron Edmond Adolphe de Rothschild (1926-1997) was shared with the neighboring one Chateau Malmaison bought and rebuilt from scratch. An ultra-modern winery was built, the vines were replanted and, as a result, the estate became a major climber in the Médoc from the early 1980s. After the father's death in 1997, Baron Benjamin de Rothschild (* 1963) adopted.
The vineyards cover 53 hectares. You are with the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (48%), Merlot (42%), Cabernet Franc (8%) and Petit Verdot (2%) planted. The long-lived, long-lasting red wine is in stainless steel tanks fermented and then 12 to 18 months in 60% to 100% new ones barriques expanded. 150,000 to 250,000 bottles are produced annually. From a total of 132 hectares of vines within the Moulis and Listrac districts comes from second wine "Les Granges des Domaines Edmond de Rothschild". It is blended from 50% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Cabernet Franc and is half in for 12 months large wooden barrels and barriques expanded. Of these, 250,000 to 350,000 bottles are produced annually. A rosé wine is marketed under the name "Le Rosé de Clarke" (Merlot, Cabernet Franc).