The estate is located in the municipality of Saint-Christophe des Bardes three kilometers east of Saint-Emilion
in the same area (Bordeaux). In 1923 it was sold to the Beyney family by a Baron du Foussat de Bogeronan. Today it is run by Christine and Jean-Guy Beyney in the third generation. The company was first classified in 2012 as "Grand Cru Classé". The vineyards cover nearly four hectares of vineyards, with the varieties Merlot (85%) and Cabernet Franc (15%) are planted. These are partly very old vines with more than 70 years. The long-lasting wine matures for 16 to 18 months in 100% new oak barrels. The second wine is called "Charles de Sarpe".