The winery is near the community Saint-Emilion
in the same area (Bordeaux). An ancestor of the long-standing owner family Reiffers received the estate in the early 18th century by the Sun King Louis XIV.
(1638-1715) as a gift for merit in various campaigns. It was last managed by Sophie Fourcade-Reiffers, who sold it to the Cuvalier family in 2013. The early 2000s was on Organic viticulture
changed. The company was (after a degradation) in 2012 again classified as "Grand Cru Classé". The vineyards cover 17 hectares of vines, which are planted with Merlot (70%), Cabernet Franc (20%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (10%). The long-lived red wine matures up to 18 months in 50% new oak barrels.