The winery is located in the municipality Pauillac
or the same area in Médoc
(Bordeaux). In the 17th century it belonged to a large property called "des Bages". At the end of the 18th century, the Croizet brothers bought the vineyards and sold them to Jean de Puytarac a few years later. The estate passed to the Calvé family two years before it was classified in 1855, which led to the name being changed to Château Calvé Croizet-Bages. It kept this name until 1934. This year Paul Quié acquired the property that has remained in the possession of this family to this day. Today it is run by his son Jean-Michel Quié. That also belongs to the possession Château Rauzan-Gassies
(Margaux). In the Bordeaux Classification
in 1855 the estate received fifth place (Cinquième Cru Classé). The vineyards cover 30 hectares and are planted with the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (50%), Merlot (40%) and Cabernet Franc (10%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 12 to 18 months in 100% new barriques. The second wine is called "Enclos de Moncabon".