The winery is located in the municipality of Cantenac in the area Margaux
in the Médoc
(Bordeaux). In the Bordeaux Classification
It was last classified as "Cru Bourgeois Supérieur" in 2003, according to the old system which is no longer valid. The name goes back to Marquis Bertrand d'Angludet, who had large estates here in the 12th century. The first vineyards were created at the beginning of the 17th century. In 1791, the estate was fragmented by inheritance into four parts, so that it was not considered in the Bordeaux classification in 1855, which would otherwise most likely have been the case. After several changes of ownership, the estate was owned by Peter in 1961 sickle
accepted. After the death of the founder took over in 1998, his son Benjamin the head of the family home. The castle was completely renovated in 2002 and 2003. The vineyards cover 32 hectares and are planted with the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (55%), Merlot (35%) and Petit Verdot (10%). The long-lived red wine matures for 12 months in 20% new oak barrels. The second wine is called "La Ferme d'Angludet". A "Clairet d'Angludet" is also produced.