The winery is located in the municipality Sauterne
in the eponymous area in Graves
(Bordeaux). It may not with the eponymous winery Château d'Arche
be confused in the Haut-Médoc. Already mentioned in the 16th century, the property was acquired in 1733 by the eponymous Comte d'Arche. In the Bordeaux Classification
in 1855 it was classified as "Deuxième Cru Classé". In the year 1981 the estate of the INAO president
Leased to Pierre Perromat. The vineyards cover 40 hectares, of which 30 hectares are planted with the white varieties Sémillon (90%), Sauvignon Blanc (9%) and Muscadelle (1%), and 10 hectares of red wines. The long-lived noble sweet white wine matures in one-third new barriques. A named after a former owner Art Reserve version is called "Château d'Arche Lafaurie", which matures in Barrels until 24 months. The second wine was called "Cru de Braneyre" until 2004 and from the 2005 vintage "Prieuré d'Arche". The white wine "A d'Arche Bordeaux Blanc" and the barrique-matured red wine "A d'Arche Graves Rouge" (Merlot) are dry.