The winery is located in Narbonne in the area Corbières in the French region Languedoc, The story goes back over a thousand years. In 1065 the estate, including the vineyards already mentioned in the sales contract, came into the possession of the Mont Laures monastery, which in 1211 the Cistercian Monastery Fontfroide was struck. Until the French Revolution in 1789, it was used as a farm for supplies. In the course of Napoleonic secularization, the estate was auctioned off and came into the possession of Count Daru, who later became the minister and administrator of the private property of Kaiser Napoleon (1769-1821). The estate blossomed in the 1930s with 270 hectares of vineyards. Around 120 people worked there and lived in a veritable village with artisans and their own school. From the 1950s, things went downhill.
Finally, the estate comprising a total of 550 hectares was acquired in 1999 by the "Domaines Barons de Rothschild", the company of the French family branch of the Rothschild, It has been completely renovated since then. The buildings were renovated and a brand new winery was set up in the middle of the vineyards. A total of 158 hectares of vineyards were made using the traditional Languedoc grape varieties Syrah, Grenache Noir ( Garnacha Tinta ), Mourvèdre ( Monastrell ) and Carignan Noir ( mazuelo ), as well as additional Cabernet Sauvignon. Merlot and Chardonnay planted. Next Corbières wines also become IGP wines Pays d'Oc produced.