The winery is located in the municipality of Labarde in the area Margaux
in the Médoc
(Bordeaux). The origin of the viticulture dates back to 1740, when the wife of Count Thomas Michel Lynch brought the property as a dowry into the marriage. After an eventful history with many owners, it has been controlled by the insurance company MAIF since 1989. This leased it from the year 1992 to the specially founded operating company "Societé Fermière d'Exploitation", the André Lurton
protrudes. There were extensive renovations in cellars, farm buildings and vineyards. In the Bordeaux Classification
In 1855 the estate received the fifth rank (Cinquième Cru Classé). The total property covers 120 hectares of land, of which only 40 hectares are planted with vines. These are the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (58%), Merlot (37%) and Cabernet Franc (5%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 12 months in 50 to 80% new barrels. The second wine is called "La Bastide de Dauzac".