The estate is located in the municipality of Barsac in the area Sauterne
(Graves, Bordeaux). In the Bordeaux Classification
in 1855 it was classified as "Deuxième Cru Classé". The château dates from the 17th century. It belongs to the de Pontac family. In 1976 all vineyards were cleared and only replanted in 1988. The first vintage to receive the Sauternes appellation was in 1990. The vineyards cover 22 hectares of vineyards with Sémillon (88%), Sauvignon Blanc (80%) and Muscadelle (4%). The long-lasting noble sweet white wine ferments and matures in barriques.