The estate is located in the municipality of Saint-Étienne-de-Lisse in the area Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux). The origin goes back to the year 1737, documented as documentary evidence of the then owner planted the red variety Auxerrois, which was then increasingly called from this time Pressac. Auxerrois and Pressac and Noir de Pressac are synonyms for Cot
(also Malbec). From Pressac so the winery name is derived. That was the dominant variety back then. The property was bought in 1997 by Jean François Quenin and completely renovated. In 2012, the company was first classified as "Grand Cru Classé". The vineyards cover 42 hectares of vines with the varieties Merlot (72%), Cabernet Franc (14%), Cabernet Sauvignon (12%), Carmenère (1%) and Cot (Malbec, Pressac). The long-lived red wine is aged for 12 months in two thirds new oak barrels. The second wine is called "Tour de Pressac"; There is also a third wine.