The estate is located in the commune of Bommes Sauterne
(Graves, Bordeaux). The origin goes back to a possession of the noble Etienne Vigneau in the 17th century. In 1892 Vicomte de Roton Pontac inherited the estate from Gabrielle de Rayne and gave it its current name. Shortly afterwards he found a myriad of semi-precious stones (amethysts, opals, sapphires, topaz, etc.) in the vineyards and became very rich as a result. Some of these stones are exhibited in the cellar of the winery. From 1971 it belonged to the Mestrezat company, later Cordier Mestrezat
and was then sold to Banque Crédit-Agricole in 2004. In the Bordeaux Classification
in 1855 the estate (under the name Vigneau) was classified as "Premier Cru Classé". The vineyards cover 80 hectares and are planted with the varieties Sémillon (74%), Sauvignon Blanc (24%) and Muscadelle (2%). The extremely long-lasting noble sweet white wine is aged up to 24 months in 50% new barriques. The second wine is called "Clos l'Abeille".