The winery is located in the municipality Margaux
or the area of the same name in the Médoc
(Bordeaux). The origin dates back to 1765 when the merchant bought Gabriel Ferrière (1721-1792). Owned by the family until 1917, it was sold to Armand Feuillerat. The heirs later leased the estate to Alexis Lichine
who has the wine on his estate Château Lascombes
vinified. In 1988 it was by Jacques Merlaut
(+2008) through his Taillan Group and led by daughter Bernadette. After her tragic death with her husband on a walking holiday in the Pyrenees, her daughter Claire Villars-Lurton (wife of Gonzague Lurton
) The administration. In the Bordeaux Classification
In 1855 it received the third rank (Troisième Cru Classé). The vineyards cover eight hectares and are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (80%), Merlot (15%) and Petit Verdot (5%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 16 to 18 months in 60% new oak barrels. The second wine is called "Les Remparts de Ferrière".