The winery is located in the city Saint-Emilion
in the same area (Bordeaux). It was built in 1930 by Jean Moueix
(1882-1957), which began the steep rise of this family empire. By inheritance, it was in 1957 to son Jean-Antoine Moueix (1908-1979) and after his death to grandson Jean -Jacques Moueix (born 1935). It has been run by the great-grandson Alain Moueix in the fourth generation since 2001. It is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 20 hectares of vineyards with Merlot (70%) and Cabernet Franc (30%). Since the year 2001 Biodynamic viticulture
practiced. The long-lived red wine matures for 18 months in 40% new oak barrels. The second wine is called "Château Cartier".