The winery is located on the western Cote in the area Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux). The château dates in part from the 15th century. From 1685 the estate was owned by the Laveau family. It was purchased by the wine merchant Jean Nony in 1934 and is now managed by Marie-Françoise Nony and her son Jean Antoine. The establishment is classified as a "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 19 hectares of vines with the varieties Merlot (76%), Cabernet Franc (13%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (11%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 18 to 24 months in 80 to 100% new barriques. The second wine is called "Les Plants du Mayne".