The estate is located in Sauterne
in the same area in Graves
(Bordeaux). North of it closes the famous Château d'Yquem
on. The estate was known in the early stages as "La Maison Noble du Blaye". The Essenault family is mentioned as the first owner, from whose possessions that too Château d'Issan
emerged. In 1766 the property was bought by the eponymous Bordeaux wine merchant Pierre Guiraud. After an eventful history, it was bought in 1981 by the Canadian Hamilton Narby, who invested enormously in the building and the winery. Finally, a group of investors led by the Peugeot family acquired the majority stake in 2006. Operations manager is now Xavier Planty. In the Bordeaux Classification
in 1855 it was classified as "Premier Cru Classé". The vineyards cover over 100 hectares of vineyards planted with the Sémillon (65%) and Sauvignon Blanc (35%) varieties. The extremely long-lasting noble sweet wine is aged for 18 to 24 months in 100% new barriques. The second wine is called "Le Dauphin de Chartreuse de Coutet". A dry wine is marketed under the name "G - Château Guiraud".