The estate is located in Saint-Emilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). The name means "irrigated by springs". It was once owned by Pierre Magneau (+1879), the finance minister under Emperor Napoleon III. (1808-1873). At that time the red wine was served at the imperial court. After several changes of ownership, the estate was acquired in 1952 by Francois Rodhain, who sold it to Roger Caille and his son Jean-Philippe in 2002. In 2013 it became a family empire Domaine Clarence Dillon
acquired. The company was first classified as a "Grand Cru Classé" in 2012. The vineyards cover ten hectares of vines with Merlot (60%), Cabernet Sauvignon (20%) and Cabernet Franc (20%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 12 to 16 months in 100% new barriques. The second wine is called "Les Coteaux du Château L'Arrosée".