The winery is located in the area Pomerol
right on the border to the area Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux.) Nearby is the famous Château Cheval Blanc
, It was once part of the Château Figeac
(see the history there). Cathérine Conseillan inherited in 1734 one of the agricultural land and put between 1735 and 1776 vineyards on the present site. From 1756 she dedicated herself exclusively to her winery. In the 1750s, the simple, still existing Gutsgebäude was built. After several changes of ownership, it was acquired in 1871 by Louis Nicolas (+1880). Today it is run by Bernard Nicolas. In the 1970s, Prof. Émile Peynaud
(1912-2004) advising. The vineyards cover 12 hectares and are planted with Merlot (80%) and Cabernet Franc (20%). The extremely long-lived red wine is aged for 18 months in 80 to 100% new barrels. Since 2007 the second wine "Duo de Conseillante" is produced.