The estate is located in the commune of Lugon Médoc
(Bordeaux) right across from Chateau Cantemerle
, A property called "Grand La Lagune" with an owner family Seguineau was named at the end of the 17th century. In the Bordeaux classification 1855
the estate received third place under the name Lalagune (Troisième Cru Classé). After many changes of ownership, the neglected estate, which had shrunk to four hectares, was bought by Georges Brunet in 1957. He united it with the Château Petit La Lagune under the current name. In 1961 it became the Champagne House Ayala
acquired. The vineyards were expanded and a new fermentation cellar was built.
Finally, in 2000 the Frey family acquired Ayala and thus also the Château La Lagune (Ayala became the champagne house in 2005 Bollinger
sold). The vineyards cover 80 hectares and are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (60%), Merlot (30%) and Petit Verdot (10%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 18 months in around 50% new barriques. The second wine was called "Château Ludon-Pomiès-Agassac" until the 1997 vintage, and was marketed under the "Moulin de La Lagune" label from the 1998 vintage.