The estate is located in the commune of Saint-Laurent Médoc
(Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux). The origin goes back to the 13th century, originally called Château de Saint-Laurent. In 1427, Jean de Foix gave the property to his stable master Carnet, who gave it its current name. In the Bordeaux Classification
In 1855 it received fourth place (Quatrième Cru Classé). After an eventful history with many owners, the totally derelict estate came into the possession of Louis Lipschitz in 1962. As a result, the buildings were renovated and vineyards replanted. Finally, in 1999, the property was owned by Bernard Magrez, who also owned the Château Pape-Clement
belongs. He hired the well-known oenologist Michel as a consultant Rolland
(* 1947). The vineyards cover 48 hectares with the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (50%), Merlot (39%), Cabernet Franc (11%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 18 months in 50% new barriques. The second wine is called "Les Douves de Carnet".