The winery is located in Saint-Emilion
in the same area (Bordeaux). Once it was part of the Château Figeac
(see the history there) of that in 1879 the Château La Tour Figeac
was separated. Three years later, two confusedly identical goods were separated from this severed part (see the other part under Château La Tour-du-Pin-Figeac
The property was acquired by the Bélivier family in 1932 and sold to the Giraud family in 1972. Although "Giraud-Bélivier" is mentioned on the label, it is not an official part of the estate name. The formerly classified as "Grand Cru Classé" operation was outclassed in 2006. The vineyards cover 11 hectares and are planted with Merlot (75%) and Cabernet Franc (25%). The Giraud family also owns the Château le Caillou in Pomerol.