The estate is located in Saint-Emilion
in the area of the same name (Bordeaux). It was once part of the Château Figeac
(see history there) from which it was separated in 1879. Three years later, from the separated part, the two (confusingly named) Château La Tour-du-Pin-Figeac
separated. After many changes of ownership, the estate was bought in 1973 by the German industrialist Otto Rettenmaier. It has been run by his son Otto Maximilian since 1994. The establishment is classified as a "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 15 hectares with Merlot (60%) and Cabernet Franc (40%). The long-lived red wine is aged for up to 18 months in up to 100% new barriques. The second wine is called "L'Esquisse de La Tour Figeac".