The estate is located in the commune of Castelnau-de-Médoc Margaux
in the Médoc
(Bordeaux). In the Bordeaux Classification
according to the old system, which is no longer valid, it was last classified as "Cru Bourgeois Supérieur" in 2003. The estate dates back to the 14th century. In the event of a division after the French Revolution, those are in the neighborhood Château Labégorce-Zédé
and L'Abbé de Gorsse de Gorsse, as well as the present good. The Lous XVI style manor house. was completed in 1821. In 1865 the estate was acquired by Fortuné Beaucourt, a mayor of Margaux. After several changes of ownership, it finally came into the ownership of the industrialist Hubert Perrodo in 1989 (+2006). The vineyards cover 30 hectares of vineyards planted with the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (50%), Merlot (45%), Cabernet Franc (3%) and Petit Verdot (2%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 12 to 15 months in one-third new barriques. The second wine is called "Château Tour de Laroze". The red wine "La Mouline de Labégorce", which is marketed under the AC Haut-Mèdoc, is produced from a four hectare vineyard area that does not belong to AC Margaux.