The winery is located in the municipality Saint-Estèphe in the same area in Médoc (Bordeaux.) At the Bordeaux Classification According to the old, now no longer valid system, it was last classified as "Cru Bourgeois" in 2003. There is no connection to the famous Château Lafite-Rothschild, The property was bought in 1790 by the eponymous public prosecutor Joseph Laffitte. After an eventful history with different owners, it was acquired by Vicomte Philippe de Padirac in 1970. Today it is managed by son Philip and wife Constance. The vineyards cover 27 hectares of vineyards planted with the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (70%), Merlot (29%) and Petit Verdot (1%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 14 months in one-third new barriques. The second wine is called "Château la Vicomtesse".