The winery is located in the municipality of Mouillac in the area Pomerol
(Bordeaux). It was built in the 19th century by the division of a larger estate, the other part is the immediately adjacent Château Le Gay. Both were owned by the Robin family; last of all the sisters Thérèse and Marie Robin. After the death of Marie Robin in 2001, Château Lafleur came into the possession of her nephew Jacques Guinaudeau and his wife Sylvie. The vineyards cover five hectares of vineyards and are planted with the varieties Merlot (50%) and Cabernet Franc (50%). The old vine stock was largely spared the devastating frost of 1956. The extremely long-lasting wine is matured for 18 months in 50% new oak barrels. The wines show great consistency over the years and become the Château Pétrus
often referred to as equal. In the period from 1945 to 1955, outstanding wines were produced, notably in 1947, 1949 and 1950. Therefore, the estate is often referred to as "the little Pétrus". It may not be with the neighboring Château La Fleur-Pétrus
(which in turn has nothing to do with Château Pétrus). The second wine is called "Les Pensées de Lafleur".