The estate is located in the commune of Saint-Laurent Médoc (Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux) At the Bordeaux Classification According to the old system, which is no longer valid, it was last classified as "Cru Bourgeois" in 2003. The year of foundation was 1719 when Jean-Pierre du Pontet took over a property called Domaine Perganson. The name Larose-Trintaudon was first used in 1841. Under the later owner Comte Ernest de Lahens, the areas were expanded to a total of 345 hectares in 1872. At the end of the 19th century, a large part of the vineyards was cut through mildew and phylloxera destroyed.
In 1963 the completely derelict property came into the possession of the Forner family. The château was renovated with great effort, invested in new cellar technology and with the advice of the well-known oenologist Professor Émile Peynaud (1912-2004) new vines planted. In 1986 the property was sold to the insurance company "Assurances Générales de France". The vineyards cover 180 hectares of vineyards, making it by far the largest winery in the Médoc. They are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (60%) and Merlot (40%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 10 to 12 months in up to 25% new barriques. The second wine is called "Larose-Saint-Laurent". in 1996 a joint venture was entered into with the Chilean Granella family. in the Cachapoal Valley the Casas del Toqui winery is operated with around 100 hectares. In 2007 the Château Arnauld (Arcins, Haut-Médoc) was bought.