The estate is located in the municipality of Léognan in the area Pessac-Léognan
in the area Graves
(Bordeaux). The origin dates back to the 15th century. A former name was "La Rivette", from which derives today's name. There is no connection to the famous Château Haut-Brion
but the name part Haut-Brion refers to the local name used here for the frequently occurring gravel. After many changes of ownership, the estate was sold in 1987 by the family Guillemaud to the current owner Philippe Gervorson. At the time of Graves Classification
In 1953, the estate played little role, so it was not considered. The vineyards cover 50 hectares of vineyards, of which 45 are half each planted with the red varieties Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, and five hectares with the white varieties Sauvignon Blanc, Sémillon and Muscadelle. The long-lived red wine is aged for 18 months in up to 70% new barrels. The white wine is aged for 12 months in oak barrels. The second wines (red, white) are called "Les Demoiselles de Larrivet-Haut-Brion".