The estate is located in the municipality of Talence in the area Pessac-Léognan
(Bordeaux). It is classified as "Cru Classé" for white wine (Graves). The property was acquired by Marie de Laville in 1611. After several changes of ownership, it became the property of Frédéric-Otto Woltner in 1931. This was the owner of the neighboring one Château La Mission Haut-Brion
and Château La Tour-Haut-Brion
, All three goods were then purchased by the Dillon family in 1983, who also owned the Château Haut-Brion
heard and her empire under the name Domaine Clarence Dillon
managed. The Château Laville-Haut-Brion's vineyards cover 3.7 hectares. They are planted with Sémillon (70%), Sauvignon Blanc (27%) and Muscadelle (3%). The extremely long-lived wine matures in 100% new barriques for 15 months. Only since the 2009 vintage has the wine been bottled under the name Château Laville-Haut-Brion Blanc.