The winery is located in Saint-Emilion in the area of the same name ( Bordeaux ). The farm is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. It was in the possession of the monastic order of the Franciscans (Prieuré = priory, monastery). In 1897 it was bought by Joseph Brisson, the mayor of Néac. The areas are from a dismemberment of Cru des Cordeliers. From 2004, the property was run by daughter Aline Guichard and husband Paul Goldschmidt. For some time, the well-known oenologist Stéphane was Derenoncourt working as a consultant. Finally, in 2014, Artemis Domaines (François Pinault ) taken over the majority shares (are also owners of Château Latour ). The possession also includes that Château Vray Croix de Gay in the area Pomerol and Château Siaurac in the area Lalande de Pomerol,
The south-facing vineyards cover 6.5 hectares of vineyards on a limestone plateau overlooking the Dordogne Valley, Located in the neighborhood Château Trotte Vieille and Château Troplong-Mondot, It will be the varieties Merlot (80%) and Cabernet Franc (20%). The long-lived red wine matures for 12 to 16 months in 50% new barriques, The second wine from 100% Merlot is called "Château l'Olivier" and matures for 10 months.