The winery is located in the municipality Margaux
in the same area in Médoc
(Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux). The origin is owned by the Escoussès family of notaries in the 16th century. In 1697 it was purchased by Simon Malescot, who gave it the first part of its current name. The family sold the property in 1827 to the Marquis Jean-Baptiste de Saint-Exupéry (the great-grandfather of the writer Antoine de Saint-Exupéry), who merged it with the "Loyac" winery and added the second part of the name to the estate name. When the Chateau Dubignon
part of these vineyards were added to the estate. Five owners were disasters like between 1880 and 1955 phylloxera
ruined as well as two world wars. From the totally run-down farm, only seven hectares of vineyards remained.
Finally, the estate was bought in 1955 by Paul Zuger and his son Roger. Extensive renovations were made in the cellar and new vineyards were created. Until 1979, the estate was owned by the Zuger family Château Marquis d'Alesme-Becker
operated. In the meantime, the famous oenologist Michel also became a consultant Rolland
(* 1947) engaged. Today Château Malescot Saint-Exupéry is headed by Jean-Luc Zuger. In the Bordeaux classification 1855
it received third place (Troisième Cru Classé). The vineyards cover 24 hectares of vineyards with Cabernet Sauvignon (50%), Merlot (35%), Cabernet Franc (10%) and Petit Verdot (5%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 14 to 16 months in 80% new barriques. The second wine is called "La Dame de Malescot".