The winery is located in the municipality Margaux
in the eponymous area in the Médoc
(Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux). His immediate neighbor is the famous Château Margaux
, The vineyards were among the first three estates that were created by the Marquis d'Alesme in Margaux as early as 1585. After an eventful history, the estate came into the possession of Jean-Jules Chaix Théophile-d'Est-Ange (+1923) at the beginning of the 20th century Château Lascombes
, He wanted to merge both goods, but died before the realization. After the Second World War, it came into the possession of the English family WH Chaplin, who together with the Château Malescot Saint-Exupéry
sold in 1955 to the family Zuger. The two goods were also operated together until 1979. The Château Marquis d'Alesme-Becker is now managed by Jean-Claude Zuger. In the Bordeaux Classification
In 1855, the estate received the third place (Troisième Cru Classé). The vineyards cover 18 hectares of vines in Soussans and Margaux. They are planted with Merlot (45%), Cabernet Sauvignon (30%), Cabernet Franc (15%) and Petit Verdot (10%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 12 months in one-third new barriques. The second wine is called "Marquise d'Alesme".