The winery is located in the municipality Saint-Estèphe
in the same area in Médoc
(Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux). In the Bordeaux Classification
According to the old system, which is no longer valid, it was last classified as "Cru Bourgeois Supérieur" in 2003. The origin of the buildings on a hill with a view of the Gironde estuary goes back to the "Prieuré des Couleys" monastery, built in 1662. This name was also on the label until the late 1990s. The property was secularized during the French Revolution (1789-1799). In 1917 it was made by Désiré Cordier
(+1940) acquired and remained in the possession of the wine trading house until 2004. That year it was sold to Banque Crédit-Agricole. The vineyards cover 51 hectares of contiguous vineyards planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (56%), Merlot (26%), Cabernet Franc (9%) and Pinot Verdot (9%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 14 months in 70 to 90% new barriques. The second wine is called "Prieur de Meyney".