The estate is located near the municipality of Pontet-Canet north of Pauillac
in the same area in Médoc
(Bordeaux). It was founded in 1810 by the eponymous wine broker Urbain Pierre Pédesclaux. At the beginning of the 20th century it was bought by a Monsieur Gâtebois, and it remained in the possession of this family until 1950. That year the estate was bought by the Belgian Lucien Jugla, who had leased it since 1932. In 1965 his son Bernard took over the management and handed it over to his three children Jean, Pierre and Brigitte in 1996. Finally, the Jugla family sold the winery to businessman Jacky Lorenzetti in October 2009.
In the Bordeaux classification 1855
the estate received fifth place (Cinquième Cru Classé). The vineyards cover 28 hectares, 26 of which are classified as Pauillac and 2 as Haut-Médoc. They are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon (50%), Merlot (45%) and Cabernet Franc (5%). The long-lived red wine is aged up to 12 to 14 months in 33% new barriques. The second wine is called "Sens de Pédesclaux" (formerly "Lucien Pedesclaux"). The "La Rose de Pédesclaux" is produced under the AC Haut-Médoc.