The winery is located in the area Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux) on the border to the area Pomerol
, A famous neighbor is that Château Cheval Blanc
, It was founded at the beginning of the 18th century. In 1917 it was owned by the wine merchant Marcel Loubat, which is considered the actual year of birth. In 1976 it was bought by Françoise de Wilde, who made major renovations in the cellar and the vineyards. This sold it in 2014 to Cyrille and Nicolas Gregoire. The farm is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 15 hectares and are planted with the varieties Merlot (65%), Cabernet Franc (25%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (10%). The long-lived red wine is aged 12 to 16 months in one-third new oak barrels. The second wine is called "La Garenne de Ripeau".