The estate is located in the commune of Saint-Laurent-des-Combes Saint-Emilion
(Bordeaux). The unknown origin goes back to the 17th century. The property has been in the possession of the Faniest family continuously since 1847. It also runs a small train that runs as a tourist attraction in the region every day. Today the estate is run by Philippe Faniest, supported by his daughter Emilie. The company was first classified as a "Grand Cru Classé" in 2012. The vineyards cover three hectares of vineyards planted with Merlot (85%) and Cabernet Franc (15%). The long-lived red wine is aged for 15 to 18 months in 100% new barriques.