The estate is located in the commune of Beychevelle Saint-Julien
in the Médoc
(Haut-Médoc, Bordeaux). It has a very turbulent history, because it has been divided and merged several times over the centuries. Wine-growing was practiced here as early as 1693. At that time the property was called Serançan and belonged to a Marquis de Cheverry. In 1767 it was acquired by the Baron de Saint-Pierre, who gave it its current name. After his death, it was divided among his two daughters, but with the Bordeaux classification 1855
classified together in fourth place (Quatrième Cru Classé). After a few changes of ownership, Léon Sevaistre acquired half in 1892, so that at the end of the 19th century there were two owner families with the two labels Château Saint-Pierre-Sevaistre and Château Saint-Pierre-Bontemps Dubarry.
In the 1920s, the Belgian wine merchant M. van den Bussche bought both halves of the property, with the exception of the storage cellars, which the Belgian Alfred Martin acquired. His son Henri Martin (+1991) then reunited the entire estate with cellars and vineyards in 1982. Together with the two wineries Château Bel-Air
and Château Gloria
the entire property operates under the name "Domaines Martin". Since Henri Martin's death, the business has been run by his son-in-law Jean-Louis Triaud and his daughter Francoise. The vineyards cover 17 hectares and are planted with the varieties Cabernet Sauvignon (70%), Merlot (20%) and Cabernet Franc (10%). The extremely long-lived red wine is aged for 12 months in 50% new barriques. The two second wines are "Clos de Uza" and "Saint-Louis-le-Bosq".