The winery is located east of Saint-Emilion
in the same area (Bordeaux). In the 19th century it was owned by Duke Élie Decazes (1780-1860), Prime Minister of Louis XVIII. In 1999, the estate was owned by the family d'Aulan, former owners of the champagne house Piper-Heidsieck
but it sold to Marie-Bénédicte Lefevere-Leymarie ten years later. As a consultant, the oenologist Michel Rolland
involved. The company was (after declassification in 1996) in 2012 again classified as "Grand Cru Classé". The vineyards cover seven hectares of vineyards, with the varieties Merlot (85%) and Cabernet Franc (15%) are planted. The long-lived red wine is aged for 12 to 18 months in oak barrels. The second wine is called Château Lasalle.