The winery is located northeast of the city Saint-Emilion
in the same area (Bordeaux). A first mention under "Mayne de Soutard" was made in 1513. The château was built in 1741. The estate was successively owned by the family Couture, Lavau and Ligneris. Finally, it was acquired in 2006 by the insurance group "AG2R La Mondiale". There were extensive renovations and establishment of a Wine tourism program
, In 2009 this became Château Cadet-Piola
bought and merged in 2012 the vineyards of the two estates. The farm is classified as "Grand Cru Classé", which was last confirmed in 2012. The vineyards cover 30 hectares of vines with Merlot (63%), Cabernet Franc (28%), Cabernet Sauvignon (7%) and Malbec (25). The management is done according to the rules of Biodynamic viticulture
, The long-lived red wine matures for about 18 months in 33% new oak barrels. The second wine was called 2006 "Clos de la Tonnelle", from 2007 then "Les Jardins de Soutard".